Terms of Service
Welcome to the VDP website, owned and operated by VDP Fashion LLC and any of its subsidiaries or affiliates (“VDP,” “we,” “us” or “our”). These Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”) govern your use of the website located at www.veronicadepiante.com and all related products, services, tools, mobile applications, web applications, and any other technology platforms or tools located at any VDP websites, including without limitation, successor website(s) or application(s) thereto (collectively, the “Services”). The terms “you,” “your” or “user” refers to you, the user. If you are using the Services on behalf of a business, association, or other entity, “you” or “your” will also refer to such business, association, or other entity, unless the context clearly dictates otherwise. You agree that you are authorized to consent to these terms on behalf of such business, association, or other entity, and we can rely on this.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY, AS THEY CONTAIN AN AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES AND OBLIGATIONS. THE AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE REQUIRES (WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION) THAT YOU SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST US TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION, AND FURTHER (a) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST VDP ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, (b) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND (c) YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE ANY CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST US RESOLVED BY A JURY OR IN A COURT OF LAW.
These Terms Set Forth a Legally Binding Agreement
Please read these Terms of Service very carefully before accessing or using our Services. By using/ continuing to use our Services, you acknowledge you have read and understand and agree to be bound by the Terms of Service, including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. Please print a copy of this agreement for your records. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, then you may not access or use any Services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Eligibility to Use the Services
To use the Services you must be, and represent and warrant that you are, at least the age of majority in your state, province or jurisdiction of residence, or if you are under the age of majority in your state, province, or jurisdiction of residence, you represent and warrant that your parent or legal guardian has reviewed these Terms of Service with you and accepts them on your behalf; parents or legal guardians are responsible for the activities of their minor dependents while using the Services. You warrant and represent that you (a) have all necessary rights, power, and authority to agree to these Terms of Service and perform your obligations hereunder, and (b) nothing contained in these Terms of Service or in the performance of such obligations will place you in breach of any other contract or obligation.
- The Services
- Services. Images of products on the Services are examples only and may not be identical to the product you receive from VDP. Differences may be due to your device’s display of colors or other factors such as the natural variation in each product. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our Services to any person, geographic region, or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis, in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any Services that we offer. All descriptions of Services are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any Service at any time. Any offer for any Service is void where prohibited.
- Intellectual Property Ownership. All content on the Services (including, for example, text, designs, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio clips, downloads, interfaces, information, code and software, and the selection and manner of compilation and presentation) (collectively, the “Content”), is owned by VDP, our content providers, or our licensors (as applicable), and may be protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws.
Your access to and use of the Services does not grant you any license or right to use any copyrighted materials or any trademark, logo, or service mark displayed on the Services. VDP, our content providers, or our licensors (as applicable) retain full and complete title to and reserve all rights in the material on the Services, including all associated intellectual property rights. VDP neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials on the Services will not infringe rights of third parties.
You may access the Services only for your permitted use under these Terms of Service, and you may not modify or delete any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notice relating to any material you access. You agree not to display or use in any manner the VDP marks without VDP's advance written permission.
All software used on the Services is the property of VDP or our licensors and protected by United States and international copyright laws, and subject to separate license terms, in which case those license terms will govern such software. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services or any contact on the website through which the Services is provided, without express written permission by us.
All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by VDP, our affiliates, and licensors. You agree to abide by all additional restrictions displayed on the Services as they may be updated from time to time.
- Feedback. By sending us any feedback, comments, questions, ideas, proposals, or suggestions concerning VDP or any of our Services whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, “Feedback”), you represent and warrant (i) that you have the right to disclose the Feedback, (ii) that the Feedback does not violate the rights of any other person or entity, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, such as infringing a copyright, trademark, or patent; violating a right of privacy, attribution or withdrawal; or otherwise misappropriating a trade secret, and (iii) that your Feedback does not contain the confidential or proprietary information of any third party or parties. By sending us any Feedback, you further (1) agree that we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback, (2) acknowledge that we may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development, and (3) grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license, under all intellectual property rights, to use, make, have made, incorporate into our Services, modify, copy, display, perform, distribute, prepare derivative works, publish, distribute, and sublicense the Feedback, without any credit or compensation to you. This Feedback section shall survive any termination of your account or any aspect of the Services.
- Third-Party Websites. Certain content, products, and services available via the Services may include materials from third-parties or provide you with access to third-party tools, products, and resources over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input. Further, third-party links on our Site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties. The views expressed in third-party materials, websites, resources, products, or services are those of such third-party, and do not necessarily reflect our views.
- Chat. By accessing the chat, you acknowledge that any personal data you may provide will be used by Veronica De Piante to respond to your request and provide the requested service.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such materials, products, websites, tools, and resources “as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations, or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility arising from or relating to third-party materials, websites, tools, products, and resources. Any use by you of third-party materials, tools, products, services, and resources offered through the Services is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which such items are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. You may not use third-party content without that third-party’s permission, or as otherwise allowed by law. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products or services should be directed to the applicable third-party.
- Errors, Inaccuracies and Omissions. Occasionally there may be information on the Services that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to Services’ descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, Services shipping charges, transit times, and availability. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to (i) correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, and (ii) change or update information or cancel orders, if any information in the Services or on any related website is inaccurate at any time (including after you have submitted your order).
We undertake no obligation to update, amend, or clarify information in the Services or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Services or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Services or on any related website has been modified or updated.
- User Account and Security
- Agreement to Provide Accurate Registration Information. If you wish to participate in certain aspects of the Services, you may need to register for an account on the Services (“Account”). By creating an Account, you agree to (i) provide accurate, current, and complete registration information about yourself, (ii) maintain and promptly update as necessary your Account information, (iii) maintain the security of your password and accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account and the information you provide us, and (iv) immediately notify us if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to the Services or your Account.
By creating an Account, you consent to receive electronic communications from VDP (e.g., via email). These communications may include notices about your Account (e.g., password changes and other transactional information) and are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including, but not limited to, that such communications be in writing. We may also send you promotional communications via email, including, but not limited to, newsletters, special offers, surveys, and other news and information we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these promotional emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions provided therein.
- User is Responsible for Equipment and Software to Connect to Services. You must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to the Services. You are solely responsible for any fees, including Internet connection or mobile fees, that you incur when accessing the Services.
- VDP May Suspend Hacked Accounts. VDP reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or restrict your access to any Account(s) if (i) we discover you have created multiple Accounts for the same user, or (ii) we suspect that the Account(s) have been or will be used for any illegal, fraudulent, or otherwise unauthorized purposes. Under no circumstances shall VDP or other persons be responsible or liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, or other losses (including lost revenue, lost profits, lost business opportunities, loss of good will, or reputational harm), damages, or costs suffered by you or any other person or entity due to any such termination, suspension, or restriction of access to any Account(s).
- User May Not Use the Services for Illegal Activity. You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are legal, proper, and in accordance with these Terms of Service and any applicable laws or regulations. Without limitation, you may not, and may not allow any third-party to: (i) undertake any unlawful activity which would violate, or assist in violation of, any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation, sanctions program administered in any relevant country; (ii) impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise); (iii) upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available through the Services any content that infringes the intellectual or proprietary rights of any party; (iv) operate to defraud VDP, other users, or any other person; (v) provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information; (vi) use the Services to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others; (vii) engage in, promote, or encourage illegal activity (including, without limitation, tax evasion or money laundering); (viii) harvest or otherwise collect information from the Services about others, including without limitation email addresses, without proper consent; (ix) exploit the Services for any unauthorized commercial purpose; (x) modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Services; (xi) remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Services or any part of it; (x) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Services or the content posted on the Services, or to collect information about its users for any unauthorized purpose; (xi) create user accounts by automated means, or under false or fraudulent pretenses; or (xii) access or use the Services for the purpose of creating a product or service that is competitive with any of our products or Services.
- Payment Services; Fees
- We Reserve the Right to Refuse any Order you Place through the Services. All products are subject to availability by VDP. In the event VDP needs to cancel your order, in whole or in part, VDP will contact you directly via the information you provided with your order to discuss potential substitutions or a refund. In the event you need to cancel an order please contact email@example.com. This email is not confirmation of cancellation, VDP will contact to confirm.
- Payment Processors. VDP uses third-party providers to securely store your payment card information and process your payments through Shopify Pay. You expressly authorize us or our Payment Processors to charge you for each transaction. Our Payment Processors may ask you to supply additional information relevant to your transaction, including your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, and your email and postal addresses for billing and notification (such information, “Payment Information”). You will provide all Payment Information directly to our Payment Processors. You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to use all payment method(s) represented by any such Payment Information. When you initiate a transaction through the Services, you authorize our Payment Processors to complete your transaction, and to charge your payment method for the transaction (plus any applicable taxes and other charges). You may need to provide additional information to verify your identity before completing your transaction (such information is included within the definition of Payment Information). By initiating a transaction, you agree to the pricing, payment, and billing policies applicable to such fees and charges, as posted or otherwise communicated to you. All fees and applicable taxes, if any, are payable in United States dollars.
- Fee Disputes. If you have any concerns or objections regarding charges, you agree to raise them with us first and you agree not to cancel or reject any credit card or third-party payment processing charges unless you have made a reasonable attempt at resolving the matter directly with VDP.
- Cancelling Payment and Chargebacks. You may only cancel a transaction pursuant the policies as communicated to you by us or by our Payment Processors. We may institute a chargeback policy as we deem appropriate in the event that you or your bank does not honor a payment obligation or if our Payment Processors question our ability to collect funds from you. As part of such chargeback policy, we may in our sole discretion suspend, terminate, or otherwise limit your ability to use the Services or otherwise take any action we or our Payment Processors deem necessary.
- Refunds and Returns. VDP will handle any and all refunds and returns in accordance with VDP’s Refund and Returns Policy. View return page for more information.
- Promotional Offers and Credits. VDP, at its sole discretion, may make promotional offers with different rates to certain users of the Services. These promotional offers are subject to these Terms of Service, and such offers may be valid only for certain users as indicated in the written offer. You agree that promotional offers: (i) may only be used by the intended audience, for the intended purpose, and in a lawful manner; (ii) may not be duplicated, sold, or transferred in any manner, or made available to the general public, unless expressly permitted by VDP in writing; (iii) are subject to any additional specific terms that VDP establishes for such promotional offer; (iv) cannot be redeemed for cash or cash equivalent; and (v) are not valid for use after the date indicated in the offer. VDP reserves the right to modify or cancel an offer at any time. VDP reserves the right to withhold or deduct credits or benefits obtained through a promotional offer in the event VDP determines or believes that the redemption of the promotion or receipt of the credit or benefit was in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of these Terms of Service. Any credit issued by VDP is valid for any period of time that VDP sets, to the extent prohibited under applicable law, and may not be redeemed for cash or cash equivalent. Expired credits are no longer redeemable and cannot be used towards any purchase or for any other purpose.
VDP respects the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond promptly to any claim that Content infringes the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any person. VDP will use reasonable efforts to investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate action the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and these Terms of Service. If you believe that your copyrighted work is infringed by Content, please provide a written DMCA notice to VDP at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Filing a DMCA “Take Down” Notification. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a take-down notification (“Take-Down Notification”) pursuant to the DMCA by providing us with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. § 512 for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works, a representative list of such works at that website;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; **Providing URLs in the body of your DMCA notification is the best way to help us locate content quickly**
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you (the complaining party), such as an address, telephone number, and electronic mail address at which you (the complaining party) may be contacted;
- A statement that you (the complaining party) have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you (the complaining party) are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
- **(Optional) Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit us to notify the user(s) who posted the content that allegedly contains infringing material.
Any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that content or an activity is infringing or that any material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, shall be liable to us and possibly others for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by us in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing or in replacing the removed material or enabling access to it.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless VDP and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns, and employees, harmless from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, judgments, demands, actions, proceedings, investigations (whether formal or informal), or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), or threats thereof, due to, arising out of or relating to (a) your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, (b) your violation of (i) any law or (ii) the rights of a third-party, or (c) your use of the Services.
In the event of such a claim, suit, or action, we will attempt to provide you notice of the claim, suit, or action at the contact information we have for your account/on file (provided, that failure to deliver such notice shall not eliminate or reduce your indemnification obligations hereunder). VDP reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with VDP in asserting any available defenses. You agree that the provisions in this section will survive any termination of your account, these Terms of Service, or your access to the Services, including the purchase or use of any benefits through the Services.
- Disclaimers and Limitations on Our Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, VDP AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, AND REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RELATED TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
- VDP Makes No Representations or Warranties; Disclaimer. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, VDP AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, OR THE CONTENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR SERVICES LINKED TO OR INTEGRATED WITH OUR SERVICES. WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (i) YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (ii) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED, (iii) THE QUALITY OF THE SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, (iv) THE SERVICES WILL BE FREE OF ANY WORMS OR VIRUSES OR ANY CODE OF A MALICIOUS AND/ OR DESTRUCTIVE NATURE, OR (v) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. YOU (AND NOT VDP) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION.
VDP AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY: (i) ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (ii) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR CONSUMPTION OF ANY CONTENT; (iii) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS OR OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OR USER DATA; (iv) ANY INTERRUPTION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICES; (v) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES; (vi) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED OR SHARED THROUGH THE SERVICES; OR (vii) LOSS OR DAMAGED CAUSED BY ANOTHER USER’S VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
- Limitation on Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL VDP AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, INTERNS, SUPPLIERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR LICENSORS BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR FINANCIAL LOSSES, OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES RELATED TO THE LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE AND EVEN IF VDP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE MAXIMUM TOTAL LIABILITY OF VDP AND ITS AFFILIATES, FOR ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES, EXCEED THE LESSER OF (i) $100 OR (ii) TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT YOU PAID TO VDP IN FEES OVER THE SIX (6) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE CLAIM.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties and limitations of liability provided in this Section. If you are in such a jurisdiction, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit our liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted by applicable law.
- Dispute Resolution
- Mandatory Arbitration of Disputes. We each agree that any dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or the use of the Services (collectively, “Disputes”) will be resolved solely by binding, individual arbitration and not in a class, representative or consolidated action or proceeding. You and VDP agree that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these Terms of Service, and that you and VDP are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Terms of Service.
- Exceptions. As limited exceptions to Section 8.a. above: (i) we both may seek to resolve a Dispute in small claims court if it qualifies; and (ii) we each retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to prevent (or enjoin) the infringement or misappropriation of our respective intellectual property rights.
- Conducting Arbitration and Arbitration Rules. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by these Terms of Service. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. A party who wishes to start arbitration must submit a written Demand for Arbitration to AAA and give notice to the other party as specified in the AAA Rules. The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration at adr.org.
- Arbitration Costs. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules, and each party shall bear its own costs and expenses of arbitration, including legal fees.
- Injunctive and Declaratory Relief. Except as provided in Section 8.b. above, the arbitrator shall determine all issues of liability on the merits of any claim asserted by either party and may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. To the extent that you or we prevail on a claim and seek public injunctive relief (that is, injunctive relief that has the primary purpose and effect of prohibiting unlawful acts that threaten future injury to the public), the entitlement to and extent of such relief must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration. The parties agree that litigation of any issues of public injunctive relief shall be stayed pending the outcome of the merits of any individual claims in arbitration.
- Class Action Waiver. YOU AND VDP AGREE THAT EACH PARTY MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, if the parties’ Dispute is resolved through arbitration, the arbitrator may not consolidate another person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Dispute Resolution section shall be null and void.
- Miscellaneous Terms
- These Terms May Change. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change, modify, or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the Site. We may elect to notify you of such changes by mail, email, posting of modified Terms of Service, or some other similar manner. However, it is your responsibility to check the Site regularly for changes to these Terms of Service. Your continued use of or access to the Site or the Services following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- Severability. In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
- Termination. These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use the Services, or when you cease using our Services.
We are free to terminate (or suspend access to) to your use of the Services (or any part thereof) or your Account, if (i) you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, or (ii) for any other reason in our sole discretion. We also may terminate these Terms of Service at any time without notice. Even after your right to use the Services is terminated, the obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination and the Terms of Service will remain enforceable against you.
Provisions that, by their nature, should survive termination of these Terms of Service shall survive termination. By way of example, but without limitation, all of the following will survive termination: any obligation you have to pay us or indemnify us, any limitations on our liability, and any terms regarding ownership or intellectual property rights.
- No Assignment of the Terms of Service. You may not assign these Terms of Service to any other party. We may assign these Terms of Service or delegate any or all of our rights and responsibilities under these Terms of Service to any third parties, without notice to you.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms of Service and all disputes arising out of or relating to the Terms of Service shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York in the United States, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. These disputes will be resolved exclusively in the federal and state courts in the State of New York, and you and we consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
- Waiver. No delay or omission by us in exercising any rights or remedies thereunder shall impair such right or remedy or be construed as a waiver of any such right or remedy. Any single or partial exercise of a right or remedy by us shall not preclude further exercise or any right or remedy by us. No waiver by us shall be valid unless in writing signed by us.
- Headings. The headings used in the Terms of Service are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms of Service.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this website or in respect to the Services constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement and understanding between you and us related to the Services, and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
- Contact Information. Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at email@example.com
Eligibility to Use the Services
Terms of Service
If you choose to visit the Services, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including, but not limited to, limitations on damages and resolution of disputes.
- Personal Information We Collect
- Information and Content You Give Us Directly
- Personal Information. Personal information such as your e-mail address, name, phone number, address, username, password, and any other information you directly provide us on or through the Services. This includes information you provide when you register or create an account or submit a request for customer service.
- Email Correspondences. Records and copies of your email messages together with your email address and our responses, if you choose to correspond with us through email.
- Transaction Information. We or service providers working on our behalf may collect information and details about any transactions made on the Services. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing and contact details. [We do not collect or store payment card information ourselves; rather we rely on our payment processors to store this information as part of the Services.]
- Information We Obtain Automatically When You Use Our Services
- Activity Information. Details of your visits to our Services, including the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; the time, frequency, and duration of your activities; and other information about your use of and actions on the Services.
- Equipment Information. Information such as your device's IP address, browser type, browser version, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Location Information. Information about the location of your device, including GPS location, for purposes of enhancing or facilitating the Services. We may also use information about the location of the device you are using to help us understand how the Services and functionality are being used and to deliver more relevant advertising. If you do not want to share your location, you can disable location sharing in the settings on your device.
- Demographic Information
We may collect demographic, statistical, or other aggregate information that is about you, but individually does not identify you. Some of this information may be derived from Personal Information, but it is not Personal Information and cannot be tied back to you. Examples of such aggregate information include gender, age, race, household income, and political affiliation.
- Information We Get About You from Other Sources
- How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, to provide our Services, for administrative purposes, and to market and advertise our Services and products.
- We Use Your Personal Information to Provide Our Services
We may use your Personal Information to:
- provide the Services and related content to you.
- respond to comments, questions, and provide customer service.
- communicate with you about an order, purchase, or account.
- inform you about important changes to, or other news about, the Services or any related features or content.
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide Personal Information.
- We Use Your information for Administrative Purposes
We may use your Personal Information to:
- operate, maintain, improve, personalize, and analyze the Services.
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities for marketing or advertising purposes.
- detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches, fraud, and other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
- allow you to participate in interactive features on the Services.
- We Use Your Information to Market and Advertise Our Services and Products
We may use your Personal Information to:
- send promotional communications, such as information about features, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events.
- share information across Services and devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all VDP products or services you use.
- develop, test, and improve new products or services, including by conducting surveys and research and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
- How We May Share or Disclose Your Information
- We Disclose Your Information to Provide Our Services
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers, contractors, and any other similar third parties that help us provide our Services. This may include service providers that help us with analytics services, or support services, such as credit card processing, website hosting, email and postal delivery, location mapping, product, and service delivery. Some of our web pages may utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third-party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Services. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party. Service providers are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Advertising/Marketing Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with marketing service providers to assess, develop, and provide you with promotions and special offers that may interest you, administer contests, sweepstakes, events, or for other promotional purposes.
- Consent or to Fulfill the Purpose that Information was Provided. We may share your Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which you provide that information, with your consent, or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- We May Disclose Your Information in the Event of a Merger, Sale or Other Asset Transfer
If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, sale, or transfer of some or all of our assets (whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding), or transition of Services to another provider, your Personal Information may be sold or transferred to business entities or people involved in such process.
- We Disclose Your Information to Protect Us or Others
- When Required by Law. We may share your Personal Information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To Protect Lawful Interests. We may share your personal information if we believe disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of VDP, our users, partners, agents, and others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, and spam and malware prevention.
Personal Information that you post on or through the public areas of the Services (e.g., chat rooms, bulletin boards, and discussion groups) are generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others which may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. Users of the Services are encouraged to exercise caution when providing personal information about themselves in public or interactive areas.
- Your Privacy Choices and Rights
You have certain choices and rights with respect to your privacy. For example, you may be able to opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, make choices regarding cookies, and exercise other privacy rights under applicable law.
- Mechanisms to Control Your Information
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Please see Section 9.C. for a discussion on mechanisms you may use to control cookies and other tracking technologies.
- “Do Not Track”. "Do Not Track" (“DNT”) is a privacy preference you can set in certain web browsers. When you turn on this preference, it sends a signal or message to the websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. Please note that we currently do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access Personal Information. You may access personal information about you, including: (1) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (2) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information; and (3) receiving an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or asking us to send that information to another company (the "right of data portability").
- Request Correction of Personal Information. You may request correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate, incomplete, or improperly possessed.
- Request Deletion of Personal Information. You may request deletion of your personal information held by us about you. Please note: we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account.
- Objection to Processing. You may object to our processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- Request Restriction on Processing. You may request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- Opt-out. You may request to opt-out of the processing of your personal information for the purpose(s) of: (1) targeted advertising; (2) sale of personal information; or (3) profiling to make decisions that have legal or other significant effects on you (see Section 4.D. for additional information on automatic decision-making).
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may send us an email to request access to, correction of or removal of any personal information that you have provided to us. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable law.
The following are additional Consumer Privacy Rights:
- Non-Discrimination. Residents have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by covered businesses for the exercise of their rights conferred by the applicable privacy law.
- Authorized Agent. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To designate an authorized agent, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Information” below and provide written authorization signed by you and your designated agent.
Verification. To protect your privacy, we will take the following steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. When you make a request, we will ask you to provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include asking you to answer questions regarding your account and use of our Services.
- Your Right to Appeal
If you are dissatisfied with the refusal of VDP to take action in accordance with the exercise of your rights in the “Accessing and Correcting Your Information” section above, you may request reconsideration by VDP, by sending a written request for reconsideration to the mailing address found in the “Contact Information” section below. Within sixty (60) days of VDP’ receipt of such written request for reconsideration, VDP shall inform you in writing (at the address indicated in your initial written request) of any action taken or not taken in response to your request for reconsideration, including a written explanation of the reasons for the decision. In addition, if your request for reconsideration is denied, you have the right to appeal to the Attorney General in your state of residence if you are in the United States.
- Automatic Decision-Making
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you. Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary blacklist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This blacklist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary blacklist of credit cards associated with blacklisted IP addresses. This blacklist persists for a small number of days.
- How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented safeguards reasonably designed to secure your Personal Information. Such safeguards include various technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your information. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information is also dependent on you. If we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
While we have employed security technologies and procedures to assist safeguarding your Personal Information, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
- International Transfer of Personal Information
- Personal Information Retention Period
- State Privacy Rights
- California Privacy Rights. The California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") requires covered businesses to provide California residents with some additional information regarding how they collect, use, and share your "personal information" (as defined in the CCPA). While VDP is not currently a covered business under the CCPA, we value privacy and strive to be transparent with our customers.
Additional Privacy Rights for California Residents.
- Opt-out of "Sales or Sharing". California residents may opt-out of the "sale or sharing" of their personal information by contacting us as set forth in "Contact Information" below.
- California Shine the Light. The California "Shine the Light" law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of your rights under the law, please contact us as set forth in "Contact Information" We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
- Nevada Privacy Rights. If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to sell or license that Personal Information, even if your Personal Information is not currently being sold. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us via the information found in the “Contact Information” section below.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Description of the Technologies. We as well as third parties that provide the content, advertising, or other functionality on the Services may use Technologies to automatically collect information through your use of the Services. The following describes some of these Technologies we may use for this automatic data collection:
- (ii) Web Beacons. Web beacons are small files that are embedded in webpages, applications, and emails (also known as "clear gifs", "pixel tags", "web bugs", and "single-pixel gifs") that collect information about engagement on our Services. For example, web beacons allow us to track who has visited those webpages or opened an email, to test the effectiveness of our marketing, and for other related website statistics.
- (iv) Entity Tags. Entity Tags are HTTP code mechanisms that allow portions of websites to be stored or "cached" within your browser and validates these caches when the website is opened, accelerating website performance since the web server does not need to send a full response if the content has not changed.
- (v) HTML5 Local Storage. HTML5 local storage allows data from websites to be stored or "cached" within your browser to store and retrieve data in HTML5 pages when the website is revisited.
- (vi) Resettable Device Identifiers. Resettable device identifiers (also known as "advertising identifiers") are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets (for example, the "Identifier for Advertisers" or "IDFA" on Apple iOS devices and the "Google Advertising ID" on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices. Like cookies, resettable device identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant.
- Our Uses of the Technologies. We may also use these technologies for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to better serve you with more tailored information, as well as for site administration purposes, e.g., to gather statistical information about the usage of our websites in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to understand how users use our websites, and to assist us with resolving questions regarding use of the websites.
- Children Using or Accessing the Services
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children who visit our use our Services. VDP’s Services are directed at a general audience and are not targeted to children. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected or received Personal Information from an individual under the age of 13 in violation of applicable law, we will use reasonable efforts to immediately remove such information, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under the age of thirteen (13) has given us information without your consent, please contact us via the information found in the “Contact Information” section below.
- Third-Party Websites and Applications
Our online Services may offer links to websites or applications that are not run by us but by third parties. These third-party services, websites or applications are not controlled by us, and may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies and terms and conditions of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for the practices of such third parties or the content of their application or website. Providing Personal Information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
- Contact Information
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complaints to Data Protection Authority
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, if you are in the EEA, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.